What is Flyball?
What is flyball and why we love it!
Flyball is an exciting, fast-paced four dog team relay sport you can play with your best friend and family. Any dog is eligible to play flyball, no pedigree papers required for this game. Dogs of all breeds or multiple breeds are welcome. Flyball is about having fun with your pet and running the best you possibly can with other people who love their pets too.
The logistics of the game includes (a full description can be found in the rulebook):
- Two teams of four dogs each (2 substitutes allowed) who race against each other on a course consisting of 2 lanes 51 feet in length
- Each dog travels down the course jumping (4) hurdles, triggering the flyball box to release a tennis ball, and bringing the ball back over the hurdles to their handler.
- Each dog is released in relay fashion to run the course but can't cross the start/finish line until the previous dog has successfully completed the course.
- The first team to have all 4 dogs finish the course without making a mistake wins the heat.
The fun of the game includes:
- Spending time with your pet or pets
- Competing as a team
- Traveling to varied tournament locations
- Being able to bring your family along
- Socializing with other people who love their pets as much as you do
Of course, there is much more to this sport, but if you love having fun with your dog, enjoy the company of other people, and want a family oriented sport, then flyball may just be the sport for you.
Top 5 reasons to play flyball
#1 Spend quality time with your dog(s)
#2 Enjoy the companionship of family and/or friends
#3 Travelling to new locations
#4 Meeting people who share your love of dogs
#5 Enjoy healthy competition
If you want to be part of one of the most popular and fast growing sports in North America please contact us.