The 2017 Championship details will be posted after careful review by U-FLI. In the meantime, we have left the 2016 program guidelines available for your reference.
The 2016 Championship will be held at Purina Farms, Grey Summit, MO, October 21st - October 23rd. The Tournament will be hosted by U-FLI. The closing date for entries is September 17, 2016. Entries received after that date will not be accepted.
U-FLI will accept only electronic entries. Mailed in entries will be returned. Notification will be posted on as soon as electronic entries open.
U-FLI acknowledges a U-FLI Champion in eight different divisions. These Champions will be determined from the results of an annual Tournament of Champions.
- Clubs, participants and dogs must be in good standing with U-FLI.
- Clubs must have competed in at least two different U-FLI events held on separate weekends, during the 18 months leading up to the Tournament of Champions.
- Only one team from each club will be allowed to enter the Tournament of Champions.
- U-FLI will designate a club’s seedtime, based on the club’s fastest tournament time posted during the 12 months leading up to the closing date of the Tournament of Champions. If no time is available, the fastest posted time during the 18 months leading up to the closing date of the Tournament of Champions will be used.
- Clubs may elect to move up divisions, but may not move down divisions.
- Clubs may only enter dogs that are eligible for entry on their Regular Team.
- Clubs that cannot meet the eligibility requirement may qualify for an exception. Inquiries for an exception should be directed to the Championship Committee Chairperson - Connie Skalski email@example.com
The Tournament will consist of the following 8 divisions:
Division # Low End High End Break Out 1 Under 15.499 NA 2 15.500 16.099 15.250 3 16.100 16.499 15.850 4 16.500 16.999 16.250 5 17.000 17.999 16.750 6 18.000 18.999 17.750 7 19.000 20.499 18.750 8 20.500 over 20.250
- A bracket format may be implemented at the Tournament of Champions to separate large divisions into smaller brackets. Each bracket will race a round robin format.
- The final racing format and scoring method will be determined after the closing date of the Tournament of Champions.
- Dogs participating in the Championship will earn U-FLI points.
- Unless specified in the U-FLI Championship program, all other U-FLI rules of racing will apply.
Championship Special Rules
- If a team withdraws from racing without just cause, at the opinion of the Head judge or the U-FLI rep, they will be disqualified from placement at the event. If the Head Judge or U-FLI Rep is associated with the team involved, the decision would then be reviewed by the Rules and Regulation Committee.
- A Championship Club must always be able to compete against any other Championship Club regardless of division, and except as provided for in section 2.4 of the Rules of Racing, without delay.
- Singles and Pairs: Breakout times will be applied to divisions. Breakout will be .15 seconds
- The 2016 Championship will be held in St. Louis, MO, October 21st – October 23rd, 2016.
- The Tournament will be hosted by U-FLI.